Here is a list of costume requirements for the show. If you have questions or there is something I have overlooked, please feel free to contact me either at rehearsal or by email at meoechsel@aol.com. Please make sure to scroll all the way to the end to read some announcements for the whole cast.
After you have acquired these costume pieces, please clearly label them and hang on to them until tech week. If you have any questions, please feel free to bring in a piece for me to look at. Thanks!
MUNCHKINS
Coroner: black shoes
Lullabye League: pink ballet shoes with white anklets and any color spanx
Lollipop Guild: High top converse for me to decorate. Please bring in next week. I will provide socks.
Madeline school girls(not assigned yet): black mary janes with white anklets
Females: colorful gym shoes. White canvas keds at Payless and Walmart can be decorated with markers. Ashley has a sample. Colorful socks or tights.
Males: converse type gym shoes(high or low top), preferably colorful. If not, colorful laces. Can be found at Payless and Walmart. Colorful socks. If you want to do green laces, you can wear your shoes in Emerald City too.
Munchkin colors are pink, blue & purple. Orange and green are okay too. Please no red.
ALL CHORUS (ADULTS AND CHILDREN)
One completely black outfit to wear as a base for the Poppies, Trees, Jitterbugs, Monkeys and Winkies. This includes: a black long sleeve shirt (preferably turtleneck), black pants, black socks and black shoes. The Winkies will also need a black belt. The Jitterbugs will be dancing in theirs, so they will need jazz pants and jazz shoes.
EMERALD CITY/EVERYONE
Footwear is more flexible for this scene. Ideally the shoes should be green or gold, but I think black or tan characters are okay. The important thing is to wear shoes that are appropriate for your character. Green tights, socks, hats, gloves, etc. are great!! I love anklets with high heels. I can add bows for you too.
OZ Guard: green shoes - I will provide - jazz shoes underneath
Golf ladies: dark, flat ties shoes-I will provide flaps for the top
Salsa dancers: black leotards and tights
Movie star: dark high heels - if you have an old pair that you are willing to have glittered green, let's do it!
Beauticians: I'm treating each group of 3 for each character as a unit. If you'd like to coordinate tights, shoes, etc. that would be great. Some groups will already have headpieces.
Males: dark shoes
Females: any fun high heels. We can decorate! If you are not sure check with me.
Children: green, gold, black or tan shoes. Could also decorate keds in green and gold.
DOROTHY
black non-shiny mary janes for opening with white anklets. I will provide ruby slippers.
GLINDA
I don't think your feet will show, but you could wear tan characters.
WIZARD
black dress shoes
UNCLE HENRY, ZEKE, HICKORY & HUNK
old beat up work shoes
CROWS
black jazz shoes
AUNT EM & MISS GULCH/WITCH
black tie shoes with small heel(old lady shoes!) WITCH - feel free to get witch like shoes if you desire, otherwise, the old lady shoes or characters are okay
EVERYONE
Please wear appropriate undergarments. You will be sharing dressing rooms.
Females: Nude leotard with clear straps as necessary.
Men: clean undershirt for each performance to absorb perspiration.
If your costume does not have a headpiece, please feel free to make your own. All I ask is that you please get it ok'd by me first. =) Munchkins can wear colorful bows or flowers and Emerald Citizens should be very high couture much like the Capital city of Panem (Hunger Games) - green or gold only.
I may ask you about additional items as necessary. For example, a munchkin may need a colorful camisole under their dress. It would be something you already have in your wardrobe at home.
I have started to fit some of the costumes at rehearsal. Unfortunately, I cannot do everyone at once. Please be assured that by opening night everyone will have what they need, but it will definitely be a gradual process over the next month. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you,
Beth Oechsel
No comments:
Post a Comment